Experienced Northwest Florida Criminal Defense Lawyer
At our law firm, you will find an attorney with both credentials and relevant practical experience. Jonathan Dingus is a Board Certified Criminal Trial Attorney — as well as a former prosecutor who have handled all types of traffic, misdemeanor and felony offenses.
Our practice is focused on Panama City and Bay County, Florida, but we also appear frequently in criminal and juvenile, federal and state courts from Escambia County to Gulf County and points in between. If you are facing criminal charges — ranging from DUI to a federal drug offense, a domestic violence allegation to sexual battery or homicide — we encourage you to contact us for an initial consultation.
Skilled Investigation, Representation and Action That Get Results
Our familiarity with law enforcement, courts and court officials throughout the area, is a tremendous asset for our clients. In addition to helping residents of the Florida Panhandle, including providing caring and capable juvenile defense, we frequently provide the most efficient, cost-effective representation possible for tourists arrested or cited while visiting. We can counsel and represent you or a loved one facing allegations of:
- Driving under the influence, from DUI manslaughter to refusal to take a breath test
- Other traffic violations, from speeding or reckless driving to driving with a suspended license
- Drug crimes, from possession of marijuana to drug trafficking charges prosecuted at the federal level
- Property crimes such as burglary, petit theft, grand theft and criminal mischief
- Sex crimes and computer crimes, including sensitive, high-stakes cases of sexual battery, lewd and lascivious molestation or conduct, child abuse and possession of child pornography
Federal Court Experience — Proficiency in Appeals and Expungements
Mr. Dingus also has the relevant, specific experience to provide federal court defense or to appeal your conviction or sentence. We know the requirements for post-conviction relief, including what is necessary to succeed in petitioning for an expungement or sealing a criminal record.
Building a track record of success and a reputation in the practice of criminal law is a challenging and fulfilling endeavor. At Jonathan W. Dingus, Attorney at Law, we are intensely committed to helping our clients get through extremely challenging legal situations with hope and prospects for the future. We know that your choice of a lawyer is critical, and we offer an initial consultation to help you make solid decisions.